Pens #1 & #2

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

G1Pens

Here are my first pens. #1 is on the left and #2 is on the right.

I have a long way to go, but there is a great deal of satisfaction in doing the first one.

Attachments

• Pens 1 & 2.jpg
    Pens 1 & 2.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 304
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

G1Pens

I honestly have no idea what kind of wood either pen is. I bought a box of blanks off of ebay really cheap. I figured that way I wouldn't worry as much about messing up blanks. None were labeled.

bitshird

You did a great job for those being your first pens, first off those are not exactly what most turners start with, so you are off to a blazing start, you have a good eye and looks like a decent technique, what type finish did you use??

RAdams

Banned
NICE!!!

The Designer, or Euro style kit is one of the most challenging kits to do. It is a test of several skills needed with several tools. If you can do a Euro, you can do ANY kit pen! You are off to an excellent start! Next thing you know, you will be making custom CB's and using slims to make your own version of a Euro!

I am looking forward t oseeing more of your work! Keep em coming!!

Scratch

You don't want to see my first pens!! lol
Those are very nice for 1 and 2. Now Keep them!! Put them in a drawer
and go back in a few months and see how you've progressed.

G1Pens

You did a great job for those being your first pens, first off those are not exactly what most turners start with, so you are off to a blazing start, you have a good eye and looks like a decent technique, what type finish did you use??

Finish is a couple light coats of CA sanded down to about 4800.

Doing the CA was actually as big a challenge as turning the pens. My biggest problem was getting it to dry. Seems like it took a very long time, and the coats were pretty thin.

robutacion

Finish is a couple light coats of CA sanded down to about 4800.

Doing the CA was actually as big a challenge as turning the pens. My biggest problem was getting it to dry. Seems like it took a very long time, and the coats were pretty thin.

If you are having problems with the time the CA takes to dry, get some accelerator and that will fix the problem right out...!

Nice pens tough.

How much did you pay for those blanks incl. freight and from where was the Seller, if you don't mind me asking...!:biggrin:

Good luck!

Cheers
George

G1Pens

If you are having problems with the time the CA takes to dry, get some accelerator and that will fix the problem right out...!

Nice pens tough.

How much did you pay for those blanks incl. freight and from where was the Seller, if you don't mind me asking...!:biggrin:

Good luck!

Cheers
George[/quote]

I got about 70 blanks for $20 + $12 shipping. I believe the seller is in the southern US states. Sellers Ebay name is Member id ewb43667

Top Bottom