Penn State's Majestic Jr. in Rollerball

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BruceA

Does this model have metal or plastic threads for the cap-to-body?

It is also a postable cap.

Any observations on this particular pen model, as compared to Jr. Statesman style?

I haven't seen this that I can remember as one of the regular kits being shown here in the Forums, so wondering if there are "issues"...

Here's the link to the kit: http://www.pennstateind.com/store/PKMAJTPJR.html

Thanks for your help!
Bruce in TN.

Brewmeister35

Hi Bruce,

I haven't made any of these quite yet but my first one will be done tomorrow. The size is similar to the Jr Gent or Jr Statesman but the pen body is not tapered on the Jr majestic. The cap has a threaded plastic insert making it a plastic to metal thread contact. So far I really like this kit.

Okay, I looked again at these kits and out of the 2 I ordered, I have a plating issue on the nib/front end assembly on both kits. I guess I should let someone else respond to this since I'm not very happy with them now [B)]

rlharding

I made the Rh & gold. It is a heavy pen and I don't post the cap because it is too heavy & unbalanced for my grip. I have its FP mate still to make, probably this week.

Most people I show it to love it. I am still not sure if its too gaudy.

randyrls

Originally posted by rlharding

I made the Rh & gold. It is a heavy pen and I don't post the cap because it is too heavy & unbalanced for my grip. I have its FP mate still to make, probably this week.

Most people I show it to love it. I am still not sure if its too gaudy.

I have made a couple in acrylic and I agree the top is too heavy to use posted. A light weight wood may be a different story though. I have several more kits and the next one will be wood.

It is gaudy, but that is the point. The Baron is classy with simple elegance and easy lines.

Top Bottom