Penn state Grinding attachment any good??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

NewfGuy

I don't know anything about that setup. I made my own. I have the Delta slow speed grinder, and looked at the Wolverine when I was at Woodcraft, and just went home and made one.

beamer

Ditto.

http://www.sacramentoareawoodworkers.com/album/thumbnails.php?album=14

I couldn't swallow spending the kind of money on the Wolverine or the one from CSUSA. I didn't know PSI had one, but it looks pretty similar to the wolverine. Mine cost me all of about 15-20 bucks in aluminum. I would change the design of the slide mechanism so that you don't have to run slots (scary to do on the router!) by just using nested square or round stock and a set screw. I just couldn't find square/round stock locally that nested nicely.

mrcook4570

I have it and am happy with it. It enables me to sharpen tools very quickly. I have never used the Wolverine system, so I can't offer any comparison.

KP

I have the wolverine system, and that one from PSI looks essentially identical. I don't remember what the wolverine cost, but it's not a nice package deal like that one. I can't see any obvious reason to spend more on the Wolverine.

Ken

reef12

Well looking at it closer it seems to be a good deal and everything their.

The Wolverine is about $89.00 and another $49.00 and well you get the picture so about 70.00 more total.

Think I will go with this the Penn state one.

I guess I might be one of those jig challenged[:I]

Thanks but thought more folks would of had one[;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom