Penn State CEO Kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

andyk

Has anybody used the Penn State CEO kit and had a problem with the clip scratching the body as you twist to extend and retract the nib? If so how did you get around it, or did you just not use that kit anymore? I like the kit but it seems like a design flaw to me to have the clip twist. Especially since it is just stamped.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I've never seen the pen, but the answer (and I certainly believe Stan) does not scream "Well thought out!!!" to me!!

I think I'll pass. Customers can invent their own ways of messing up pens, we don't need the design to HELP!!

its_virgil

Here is clever solution. If you like the pen this solution may work for you. Take a look at the CEO or Broker pens on this page.
http://penmakersguild.com/browse.php?gallery=kleinhenzr&page=6 Here is how the slot under the clip end is done. Go to http://penmakersguild.com/articles/mistakes.pdf and scroll down the article to "Decorative Rings".
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Has anybody used the Penn State CEO kit and had a problem with the clip scratching the body as you twist to extend and retract the nib? If so how did you get around it, or did you just not use that kit anymore? I like the kit but it seems like a design flaw to me to have the clip twist. Especially since it is just stamped.

Last edited:

andyk

I called and talked to "Customer Service" and their response was that I was the first that called with this complaint. They are going to send a replacement kit but that still doesn't fix the issue. I like the look and feel of the pen but IMHO there definitely is a design flaw if the clip twists while it rubs against the body of the pen. Bending the clip away from the body fixes that problem then the customer has to be concerned with losing his pen because the clip doesn't hold the pen in place as intended.

Top Bottom