Which penkits ?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

clement

Hi,

I would like to improve my assortment with higher end kits, not to expensive but mid-priced.
What's your experience about good selling and good quality pens and what are the models you advise me.
In the past I've made a lot of Designer ( Euro ) pens from Woodturningz as also Foreman en Tapa pens from Woodpenpro.
Now I'm thinking about something more luxurious but not too expensive.

Any idea is welcome,
thanks folks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bracky1

My favourite mid price kit is the Jr Retro rollerball from CSUSA.

Makes a very nice quality pen, IMHO of course :)

RAdams

Banned
+1 to CSUSA Jr. kits! splurge and get the better metal finishes also.

Hi Clement,
Glad to see you back on the net... I'll second-third or whatever number I'm at for the JR series from CSUSA...I also like the Baron's from Berea... they make a really nice fountain pen or rollerball.
Don't know much about the Gatsby or Sierra's don't do them, but did a couple of the Churchill's and El Grande's.... they are also very nice pens.

dustmaker

I am just now making my first Jr. and can also recommend that. You might also consider the Ultra Cigar (Arizona Silhouette or Woodcraft).

clement

Thans to all for your advice.
I think that I give a try to the JR Gents from CSUSA, btw what's the difference between the normal and postable cap ?
What is your opinion about the Navigator from Woodcraft vs the Jr from CSUSA ?

Thanks, have a nice day all

JimMc7

<snip> What is your opinion about the Navigator from Woodcraft vs the Jr from CSUSA ?

<snip>

Navigator is same pen as the Baron. When new, the Barons look good and some prefer the smaller diameter vs the Jr Gent/Statesman. In my experience, the Barons are more fragile than the Jrs. I had a Baron returned because the coupler pushed into the cap and the pen would not thread into the cap. The customer admitted someone pushed the pen & cap together but I've never had this problem with a Jr. Maybe the design or the fit of the parts but after that customer return I always use red Loctite when assembling Barons because of the loose fit. The black finish on the Baron pen couplers is also subject to wear -- still functional but it doesn't look very good.

Top Bottom