penclip breakage and other issues

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Paul Downes

I just broke a pen clip from a ti-gold comfort pen. I didn't feel like I did anything out of the ordinary other than put the clip on a pen that was fatter than the bushings supplied with the kit. I then got a call from a customer that had both fancy slimline pen clips break. He said he was clipping the pens in his blue-jeans pocket. Has anyone else had this experiance? Are there any slim style kits that are more durable?

I have preety much switched to just turning ti-gold, platinum, or chrome finished kits because I have had most of the other finishes wear off fairly quick. The only exceptions I make are when a customer requests a lesser finish- and I make sure and tell them of the limitations. (Mostly copper)

Then there's the pen seller who want's to order 50 or 100 pens and wants to pay only $8.00 each. I tried to tell him about the durability of finishes and the cost of quality and I get the 1000 yrd stare. sheesh.

Buzz

I've never heard of clips breaking like that on any kit before. Only possible reason is that they are already stressed if they are fitted to particularly fat pens. you may have to reduce the diameter if this is the case.

Top Bottom