Pencils

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

redfishsc

Originally posted by MarkHix

Someone asked me to make some pencils. Any comments on the best pencil kits available?

I have made standard click pencils from EVERY manufacturer that we buy from, so far as I can tell, and EVERY ONE OF THEM IS A MAMMOTH WASTE OF TIME-- the mechanisms have a horridly high failure/jam rate. I dogmatically refuse to buy, make, or sell them.

Note, however, that I am talking about "Click" pencils that use the standard push-button mechanism. Those that use a twist mechanism, ESPECIALLY THE "PERFECT FIT CONVERTIBLE PEN/CIL" are much nicer. Can't go wrong with the Perfect Fit.

Buzz

I'm in the process of making a batch of Perfect Fit pencils for sets. They certainly seem to be the best I have tried so far.

Only downside is that i think they seem a little on the expensive side for what they are.

Does anyone have any comment on the Father Sing pencil from CSUSA? It uses the Schmidt mechanism which is a good start, but how does it perform?

BigShed

Another vote here for Perfect Fit Pencils, you can fit either a 0.5mm or a 0.7mm Schmidt pencil mechanism.

I've just received some Cigar pencils, but haven't turned them yet.

Chasper

Try converting Sierras to pencils, there is a good tutorial in the library. They are a little less over the top than Perfect Fit pencils.

kent4Him

CSUSA has the european and americana twist pencils. They are nice, but only come in 10k. I do believe that they had the rhodium cigar pencils on clearance.

doddman70

Originally posted by Chasper

Try converting Sierras to pencils, there is a good tutorial in the library. They are a little less over the top than Perfect Fit pencils.

I agree of all the pencil kits i have tried i haven't been very impressed with any of them. i tried mudders tutorial on converting the sierra and i really like it, and my costumers seem to really like it also:)

DKF

I have made a couple of the El Grande pencils....it is the ballpoint version that takes the Schmidt pencil mechanism....seems pretty stout and I have been happy.

Top Bottom