Pencil Transmission for Sierra

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RickLong

Can anyone point me to a distributor that sells transmissions for a woodcraft sierra pencil?

I have sierra pencil transmissions but the threads are different for the Woodcraft (Dayacom??) sierra pencils.

My local woodcraft closed last month. Candidly, I do not want to pay ~$26.00 + shipping for one of these junk transmissions. This is the third transmission I have had to replace for this client... He is a good client so I want to keep him happy as well as a federal judge.

Any help will be much appreciate!

Thanks,

Rick

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edstreet

0.5 mm Pencil Mechanism Pen Kit Making Supplies Berea HardWoods

0.7 mm Pencil Mechanism Pen Kit Making Supplies Berea HardWoods

schmidt_pencil_lg.jpg

These beauties essentially take any twist ball point and turns it into a pencil, i.e. sierra's. Only thing missing is the top eraser which will be a problem in any non-pencil kit.

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
These beauties essentially take any twist ball point and turns it into a pencil, i.e. sierra's.
I may be wrong, but it seems to me I tried it in a Sierra Twist last week, and found it not to work! The Sierra requires a modification before it will work.
http://content.penturners.org/library/pencils/sierrapencil1.pdf
(Correct me please, if I am wrong. My pens are out in the garage for a show tomorrow, and I'm too danged lazy to go out and check):)

edstreet

I have not used one in some time but I think there is something in the twist mechanism you need to push back. I have also had some that did not need to be changed.

If it was me I would try it as is before doing any mods to the transmission. I am guessing that some sierra's you would have to mod and others you would not. Its my understanding that there are numerous manufactures of 'sierra' brands and type.

Last edited:

zig613

hobo

sierra pencil

try www.timberbits.com look in the pen components section, postage is reasonable and takes about 7-10 days to get to UK from Austrailia price is also reasonable at AUD$1.50. I have been using these for a while now with no problems, they just drop in instead of the ballpoint refill.

RickLong

Top Bottom