pencil question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck B

LOML wants me to make her a pen / pencil set I don't like the SL ones due to the 7mm lead they break to easy. Any ideas on another type with a bigger size lead that won't break as easy as the 7mm ones.

Thanks guy's n gal's

Chuck

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

The artist pencils are REALLY thick.

I realize these won't have the same shape/structure as other pens, but if they are made from the same material, that might work.

Chuck B

I have the artist pencil for a shop pencil for me I was hoping to see if they make a 5mm pencil & i looked at all the usual places & can't find one so I thought I would ask the experts.

leatherjunkie

Originally posted by recon
<br />I have the artist pencil for a shop pencil for me I was hoping to see if they make a 5mm pencil & i looked at all the usual places & can't find one so I thought I would ask the experts.

penn state ind sells a big ben pencil uses .5 mm lead
they also sell a power pencil which uses .2 mm lead

i think all the others use .7 mm lead

i prefer the jr gentlemans pencil / ball point set from woodturners catalog aka csusa.
yes its a .7 mm lead but the set is one of the best looking sets imo

Chuck B

DC,
I'm looking for more in the line of the "Pentel" size leads The Artist pencil lead is way to big for LOML to use she's got small hands & likes the Pentel size leads the thicker one not the SL size.

Chuck

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Check out the Perfect Fit Convertable from AS or Berea. You can use a Schmidt pencil insert in place of the Parker BP. I know they come in 0.5 and 0.7 mm and AS does carry them. Although you stated the the 7mm (I assume you meant .7mm) was too thin, IIR tat is the standard sizes for most mechanical pencils.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom