pencil problem

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Barnmb7117

I bought some PK-PCL pencil kits from Penn state and the Pencil mechanism does not fit through the center band. is anybody else having a problem?
I call Penn State and they said that some of the kits are off on the inside diameter of the center band causing the problem.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Is it that it wont go on at all or just hanging up at the detents that hold the mech to the end tube. on my kits that I got once past the detents its fine. I would mic it before forcing it.

magpens

Is it possible to bore out the center band ? . Or perhaps even eliminate the center band and make just a single barrel ? . I have done both but not with the pencil kits.

jdclaus

Penn State is pretty good about standing behind their products. I'm surprised they didn't offer to replace it when you contacted them. Call them back and get it replaced.

Makereality

My first 3 or 5 pencil kits from PSI all had a weak point where the plastic overlay advancement sleeve meets the metal tube; do not forget to unscrew the tip before pulling the mechanism back out the top or else the whole pencil is "Kaput" as we say in Germany. That center band is the narrow neck of the land and will decapitate the fragile advancement feed. There is tiny 1mm rubber ball inside the tip with a hole just big enough for the lead, often it would not let the new piece of lead pass through, perhaps because it is not secured in place: this was why I was always disassembling my kids pencils and figured out the weak point the hard way.

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

Top Bottom