Pencil Mechanism????

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

kkwall

Hi All,

I have had an order from a previous customer to supply him with a pencil to match a gunmetal slimline that I made for him!

The style that I used for the slimline is very individual, and I cannot get the same kit in a pencil.

Can the mechanisms for pencils be easily transfered from one kit type to another?

Would it be possible for me to order a 7mm pencil kit, and switch the mechanisms from a current pen I have??

Not having made a pen before, I have very little idea of the internal workings or if this is even possible.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jthompson1995

Where did you get the kit and what kind is it?

The pencils I have made use the centerband to join the upper and lower barrel. I would figure that you can swap out the mechanisms, but the centerband from the pencil kit would have to match the centerband from the pen kit you used for his pen.

mrcook4570

Order a gunmetal pen kit and a gunmetal pencil kit. Turn, finish, and assemble pencil. Get pen from customer, disassemble, and swap parts so they match.

Or just make a new pen and pencil.

kkwall

Thanks all,

I will order a pencil kit as near to the original one as possible, and try and work something out.

The kit for the pen was a grecian style gunmetal slimline, so if I find a gunmetal kit, I will be able to swap clips etc to make it fit in.

Thanks Again.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
If the future you might consider the"perfect Fit" from Arizona silouhette.
YOu make a pen and decide if you want a pencil add a $2.00 mechaninsm.
It's easy to make matching set's that way.
It is a larger pen but Very Nice.[:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom