pencil kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

deb

Hi! :)
I am new to the organization and already have a question. I have purchased pen kits in green, blue and red but cannot find pencil kits in those 3 colors. They say they are made in Tiwan.
Does anyone have a suggestion where I could get them? I already checked out PSI, Rockler, Woodcraft and WoodTurningz. They do not carry them. Please help the new commer.
Thanks,
Deb.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lenny

Hi Deb, and welcome to the IAP!

I can't say I have ever seen pencil kits with those platings, sorry.

I can tell you that my experience, and those of many others here, with the slimline pencil kits is: it's a great kit to AVOID!

If you want to do pen/pencil sets you might look into the Power pencil, or at one of the click pencils.

One other option would be to use one of the click pencil mechanisms that will replace a Parker style refill (often without modification) in a Cigar or Sierra style pen. There is an article in the Library on making the modifications neccessary on some pens.

Hope that helps! :)

PenMan1

Welcome aboard!

You may want to check out the Perfect Fit Convertible offered by Brrea Hardwoods and several of the vendors here. The Perfect Fit uses the Schmidt pencil insert available in .05, .07 and .09 lead widths.

I have made every pencil "kit" available EXCEPT the new stainless set made by Lazerlinez. Of the sets I have used, the Perfect Fit is the most reliable AND the only set I am aware of that allows you to make an EXACT matching pen and pencil set.

alamocdc

I too agree with Lenny with one caveat. The Perfect Fit is an excellent pencil kit. One of the very few that are in fact. At least from my experience. Others mileage may vary. That said, there have been such things as Sierras and others where the Schmidt pencil mechanism, the kit, or both have been slightly modified to work, and they work well.

Lenny

Sorry Deb, my memory isn't what it use to be. :biggrin:

As others have said, it is the Perfect fit that gets the nod not the Power pencil as I stated. :)

Top Bottom