Pencil Design Help

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jking

The red & black Patriot pen in the attached photo is my daily use pen. I have another blank of the same material that I've been thinking about making into a matching pencil. I've seen instructions for modifying pencil kits to work in the Patriot/Atlas pens. The problem I've been having is from a design standpoint.

I'd like there to be something slightly different about the pencil so I can tell them apart. I've thought about adding a band of coordinating color somewhere on the blank, but, I don't think that will look as good. Any suggestions? Or, should I just use a different color or kit? The pen is a black chrome kit; maybe I go with a black titanium?

Image Insert:
20071117125614_dscn3229.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

I've seen the instructions for modifying the Sierra into a pencil, but I haven't seen anything about modifying the Atlas/Carbarra/Patriot/Polaris into a pencil. Where did you see that?

Randy_

Originally posted by jking

.....I've seen instructions for modifying pencil kits to work in the Patriot/Atlas pens.....

Generalizations often get one in trouble; but most, if not all, twist pens that take the Parker refill can be easily modified to take the Schmidt DSM 2006 pencil cartridge. It is available from Berea and presumably from AS (and maybe others) and comes in the 0.5mm and 0.7mm sizes. In fact, it is a drop-in replacement for some kits and no modification is required.

And to address your specific comment above, if you want to use PSI, they have a Polaris pencil kit already listed in their catalog.

Randy_

Originally posted by gwilki

You could turn this one into the pencil and make the pen using the click version.

I have not tried it; but it would not surprise me in the least if you could use the above mentioned Schmidt pencil cartridge in the push button pen from PSI and get yourself a working Polaris push button pencil.

PSI has come out with a push button Gatsby pencil kit and you could try the pencil mechanism that comes in it in your push button Polaris as another possible means of getting a PB Polaris pencil. I can't guarantee it; but I'll bet you could then take the Parker refill out of the Polaris and put it in the Gatsby pencil kit and have a working pen.

jking

I appreciate the suggestions so far. I looked at the click version of the Polaris that PSI carries. Just based on the picture on their website, the upper cap isn't the best looking. I haven't received my latest catalogs, yet, so I'll probably take a look at everything when I get them.

I'll also probably take a look at what Berea has available.

Top Bottom