Pen for Wedding Guest Book

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

arjudy

I am going to be making a pen for our pastor's daughter's wedding. I need some ideas. What kit? What blank? I know I want to use platinum or sterling silver and I want to have the pen engraved with their names and the wedding date. I do not want to make a fountain pen. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks guys, I know I can count on you.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lathemaster

Alan

I used the following to make a pen for my daughter's wedding in Jnauary:

Kit: Jr. Emperor Rollerball in Rhodium/22K Gold from Craft Supplies USA
Blank: White Acrylic from Ed4Copies
Engraving: Kallenshaan Woods - Ken Nelson - Gold Filled

I don't have a picture to post yet but a very similar pen can be seen at this link:

http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=28782

Pen Artist was Mark Ligget - Scotland

Cheers

ldb2000

Hi
How about a "Stretch" in Rhodium from Makaiolani and some white acrylic from Ed4copys or some white alibaster from randbCrafts with engraving from Kallenshaan Woods

cdcarter

Funny this should come up, because my daughter is getting married in June and I am trying to think of a pen for the book. I don't think any of the ones mentioned so far is the one for me, in part because all I do is wood. I'm still thinking and looking, and open to suggestions!

GaryMGg

My daughter's wedding is also in June and I've got some of Ed's Alt. Ivory that I'll be using with one of the upper end CSUSA kits, probably a Gold TI Emperor. I need to get it made so I can send it off for engraving.

gatornick

It seems like everyone does white, which makes sense. What about doing something in the wedding colors, to match the dresses and flowers etc. I'm sure you could find some dyed burl, or dye your own to match. My sister is getting married this fall, and since I only do wood as well this is what I am planning on doing.

broitblat

I've done a couple of wedding pens. One was a filligree flat-top in white pearl acrylic, the other was a modified (closed end) holly longwood pen with a bubinga base. I like the idea of having a stand for the pen.

-Barry

RMB

This was my answer to a friends request for a wedding pen. It fits their wedding, but may not work for you.

I definatly would recomend a stand though, so nobody walks off with it on accident, and its not just laying on the table.

spin613

we did his and her pens for a friend's wedding - it was a Jewish wedding so we used a Gentlemen (him) and Jr Gent (her) - each had the single gold center ring - we used Israeli Olive Wood - they were a HUGE hit

shlomo

Top Bottom