Pen vs. Refill Chart

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

whteglve

I'm still new to penturning so please bear with me. I've searched and can only find where other people have asked the same question but never an answer.

Is there a list or chart out there that has both the pen style (Cigar, Baron, Jr. Gent etc.) and the refills that fit? I'll be glad to organize the information into a chart or table for others to use if I can get the information from you guys. I really don't want to go out and buy every single refill and every single kit to figure this out myself.

So please either PM me or send me an email at "whteglve at gmail.com" with the "Pen Refill Info" in the subject so I can find it and not delete it as spam. Use the following format or something close.

Pen Style: (Cigar, Baron, Jr. Gent etc.)
Refill Style: (Parker, Cross, etc.)
Type: (Gel, Ballpoint, Roller Ball, etc.)
Maker: (Schmidt, Zebra, etc.)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

It's actually fairly simple. If a ballpoint pen uses a 7mm tube in the lower part where the transmission goes, then it uses a Cross refill, or said another way if the manufacturer says it needs a 7mm, "I" or "J" bit, it uses a Cross refill. All other ballpoints use a Parker refill. All the roller balls available to us as kits can use a Hauser 707, Schmidt 888, Schmidt 5888, Pilot G2 and a couple of other refills. The Schmidt are better because the ink doesn't build up at the tip. Schneider also makes a refill that works but I don't know the number.

Russianwolf

Nope, A Cigar is a Parker Ballpoint refill, and the Pilot G2 is a Rollerball refill. The Rollerball refills are too long.

If memory serves, the only kit that can use either a Parker or a Rolleball refill is the Sierra Click Pen. But I've never made one so don't quote me on it.

Randy_

Although sadly incomplete, I am fixin' to post my Pen Reference Chart in the IAP Library shortly and it has the information you have requested. In the meantime, Gerry has pretty much answered your question.

Top Bottom