Pen Vise

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CharlesSharp

Here's what I use. I just cut a mortise in the clamp when it was closed.

20081423165_Pen%20Vise.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

johncrane

And yet another pen vise to add, this is what l came up with and have had no problems.IT cost about $12bucks brand new, the only thing is too buy the right bolts that are a good fit too the base plate slots. Then just flip over your base plate on your bench drill, and bolt the vise too the base plate it that easy, then its just a matter of using a square too keep it level

20081535221_100_1419.jpg

intillzah

I like that one you have johncrane...... Simple and very effective, I was wondering how I was going to drill them out with a benchtop drill press. Now I have a good idea....

Ligget

John (johncrane), that is very good thinking, never seen or heard of anyone using that method. I`m sure there will be a few turners copy your idea as it`s brilliant![:p]

johncrane

Mark when l first started making slime pens l used this vice on the flat base it worked fine on the smaller blanks.But then l moved into the bigger kits and thought how the hell am l going too hold these larger blanks, then it just hit me in the head like a ton of bricks duh!! all l have to do is flip over the base plate and bolt the vice too it
problem fixed holds any size blanks. ;):D

ps now this is called the Crane Vice!!:D:D

Top Bottom