Pen Video by AlexL

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

randyrls

Someone in the YAHOO Penturners group posted a note about AlexL here on Penturners.org

Alex is earning money for collage by selling pens. Wood magazine has an article in the most recent issue.

This video shows how to make a celtic knot pen. I especially liked the stop blocks on the bandsaw. Very clear photography and excellent editing and quality!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9uQv5sKibk

WAY TO GO ALEX!!!!!!!! :highfive: :RockOn:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Allenk

I ordered a pen from Alex. Sent him a check, and told him to pick one. I have a beautiful Big Ben on my mantle. He's great! Him and his Dad are to be commended for his talent, intestinal fortitude, and his efficiency! Two Thumbs Up - twice!

bitshird

It is fantastic to see a young man of his skill and ability using it to finance his education, He's had one of his pens featured on the front page a while back.

Sylvanite

I've done some engraving for Alex, and I can tell you he does a great job on his pens. His finishes are smooth, very deep, and high gloss. Oh, and the video is entertaining too. The shop is way too clean though. :biggrin:

Regards,
Eric

Mapster

He is pretty good! A celtic knot isn't that easy, but he just blows right through it! Good for him, a hobby he can be happy with for the rest of his life! I am doing the same kind of thing he is, but he has a few years head start. I might just have to do a celtic knot after the great tutorial!

OKLAHOMAN

That is some shop......he could sell his fathers tools and pay his way through an Ivy league school:wink::rolleyes:....
Don't you wish that he was in the majority of 16 year olds, Alex keep up the great work and you'll reach your goal.....

Top Bottom