Pen vice clamp (hand clamp design)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firefyter-emt

Well, I exchanged my 10" crappy Craftsman drill press for what appears to be a much better built 12" Craftsman one (wife bought it without a recipt and I needed to exchange it..) But I have the new one all set up and it appears to be aa quantum leap ahead of it's 10" brother.. However, I lost the fence that came with the 10" one and had to make a new wood drill press table. Anyway, I have about 90% of my version of that hand squeese pen clamp done. What is left is to cut the notches for the pen blanks. Most all of mine have been either 3/4" or 1" blanks. Is there a need to make another sized v-notch? It is easier to do it now, but I am unsure if I have a need for it.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimQ

Just cut one notch that is tight enough to hold the 3/4". and the 1" will fit just holding the brace further out. Look at the one on the AZ S site. I have used it on blanks from less than 5/8" to 1 1/4".

JimQ

Firefyter-emt

Great, thanks.. That makes attaching it eaiser too. I might just drill thru the "back" half" and clamp it to my t-track on the table. That would work nicely as I could just loosen the wing nuts and slide it off the table when I need my fence. [:D]

Firefyter-emt

Kinda late Jim, but just a heads up, this vice works great. I can lock one knob and thenhold the vice and fine tune front to back before tightening the second knob. If I need to adjust side to side I can just tap the tabe sideways a hair. Very easy to get dead on perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom