Pen Turning With Rex and Kip, DVD

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I was in the Burlington Lee Valley store last week (how did that happen??)and a new product item that appeared on their shelf caught my eye. A new DVD set on Pen Turning by Rex Burningham and Kip Christensen. It is a set that can be bought as single DVD’s or both, one being basic pen turning skills with some slim line pen work and customizations, the second being focused on a wider variety of pen styles, materials and tricks and tips.

I have quickly skimmed through both and I have to say, wow, these are really great, even for myself. I like the easy and approachable style of presenation by both Kip and Rex, they speak and teach with an ease that makes them enjoyable to watch (something that any person considering making a DVD on woodworking should consider). The production quality of the DVD’s are first class. The visuals, camera angles and close ups are really well done, the audio is clear.
What I also found great about these DVD’s is that they will help my teaching , several really great points are made and explained that add clariety and I know I will incorperate into my own teaching. They also spend time on some basics that will quickly add to the finished quality of any pen.

I have their book, and I found it a solid reference, these DVD’s are a in the same quality, I world consider them a must/best buy for any beginner, someone looking for visual learning, adding designs to basic kits and also teaching points.
I’m really glad I bought the set!
Here is a link:

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=1&p=53224&cat=51&ap=1

:D:D:D

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rfreeouf

Jim,

I bought the set too since I am new to wood turning. I watched both videos and they are very informative. They realy have a lot of usful inforamtion. Both Rex and Kip do a great giving their presentations.

I am glad I purchased the set too.

AirportFF

Jim, Not to get off subject. But I love that Morris Chair on your site. I've been looking for one for quite a while now. I have some decent plans for a few different styles but it's too cold in the shop right now to even attempt it.

Originally posted by AirportFF
<br />Jim, Not to get off subject. But I love that Morris Chair on your site. I've been looking for one for quite a while now. I have some decent plans for a few different styles but it's too cold in the shop right now to even attempt it.

Thanks for the kind comments on my Morris Chairs...they are a pleasure to enjoy....

They are a hybrid of about 7 plans and my own thoughts...nothing worth having is always simple eh!!

:)
[:D]

Thumbs

My son had gotten me their book last Christmas and I've been hooked on this pen turning stuff ever since! If their DVD's are half as informative as their book, they have to be a great value for anyone interested in this kind of turning!

Sounds like a paid advertisement.......but it's not![:p]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom