Pen Turning Kits??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jeepmiller09

If I am posting in the wrong location my apologies. New to pen turning and was just trying to see where everyone gets there Pen Turning kits from? I have noticed no one makes a all in one kit as far as mold, hardware, and bushings all in one kit. I don't need blanks as i have learned to make my own with alumilite. I am just looking to expand from just slimline pens to all other types.

Fred Wissen Designs LLC is where i ordered my slimline mold from and was very very happy with their product. My slimline pen kits came with my lathe so I am clueless with who you all recommend!

Thanks for you help!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimB

There are many vendors who are on here as well as some that are not. Woodcraft and Rockler have stores. You can check to see if there is one near you. Online you have Penn State Industries (PSI) and Craft Supplies (CSUSA) are the biggest. There are many vendors on here including Exotic Blanks, Classic Nib and many others. Just look under the vendor or classified section. I've only named a few. There are many more.everyone has their favorite vendor(s) but all that I mentioned and anyone else who is a regular contributor on IAP are good vendors.

mecompco

I second Exotic Blanks--my preferred vendor. Since they don't carry everything, also WoodnWhimsies and Woodturninz. Oh, and Laserlinez for TBC bushings and nice stabilized Buckeye Burl blanks. You already know Fred is a great guy to do business with.

Regards,
Michael

MTViper

When I need a kit or a blank in a hurry, my go to vendor is Bear Tooth Wood. Great products, great service, great prices and it's usually in the mail the day you order. I have also used PSI, Woodturningz, Classic Nib, Arizona Silhouettes, Laserlinez, Woodworld Texas, and Exotic Blanks. Each has its strengths. You'll find the kits you like to turn and the vendors you like to buy from.

Steve

Top Bottom