Pen turning in Austria

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

driftwood

Hello
I am looking for a club or individual who can assist with teaching a retired gentleman how to turn pens. He lives in the Wilhelmsberg/St Poelten area in Austria. I will be assisting him with pen kits and associated equipment for turning pens. He is purchasing a small lathe mainly for pens to start with. I live in Australia where there are plenty of Kangaroos.
Any assistance is greatly appreciated. I have suggested that he start with the slim line pens.
Regards
daryl1 (Joe)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

I agree with Wayne. Don't start him on a slim line. In my opinion a single barrel pen is best for starters. The Sierra (or equivalent) is good, but even better is the 30 Caliber Bolt Action pen kit from PSI (not the knock-off, or copy cat, versions). This Bolt Action pen kit looks great with just about any blank material, looks good when turned straight-sided, and is a pleasure to use ... there is a great deal of satisfaction from making it and it is quite the novelty, getting people's attention when you show it to them.

qquake

I agree with Magpens. The Sierra and its derivatives need a 27/64" hole. Blowouts with such a large bit are a definite possibility. The Bolt Action pens take a more manageable 3/8" bit. And I also agree with Wayne, a single barrel pen would be simpler and easier.

farmer

Upside down directions

Hello
I am looking for a club or individual who can assist with teaching a retired gentleman how to turn pens. He lives in the Wilhelmsberg/St Poelten area in Austria. I will be assisting him with pen kits and associated equipment for turning pens. He is purchasing a small lathe mainly for pens to start with. I live in Australia where there are plenty of Kangaroos.
Any assistance is greatly appreciated. I have suggested that he start with the slim line pens.
Regards
daryl1 (Joe)

tons of videos on you tube .
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...48B6CFF31134E788AAF148B6CFF31134E78&FORM=VIRE

farmer

Upside down directions

Hello
Regards
daryl1 (Joe)

tons of videos on you tube .
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...48B6CFF31134E788AAF148B6CFF31134E78&FORM=VIRE

Top Bottom