Pen Tubes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Larryreitz

OK, this may be a dumb question, but before I go ordering some new pen components I would like to know if anyone sells 12 mm tubes. I am considering Smitty's Cabelero kits from Exotic Blanks. However, since I am prone to messing up I would like to order some extra tubing. The Cabelero kit says it takes 10 and 12 mm drill bits and I assume therefore 10 and 12 mm tubes. I can find 10 mm tubes but only 12.5 mm tubes. I'm assuming 12.5 is too big and even if I can drill it out the components may be loose fitting. I've looked through Exotics and PSI web sites for 12 mm and could not find any. Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated.

Regards
Larry Reitz

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

duncsuss

Post your question in the Exotic Blanks vendor forum and @ed4copies will almost certainly see it and respond.

He probably has spare tubes for that kit (he might have forgotten to list them -- or the 12mm could be a typing error on the description.)

KenV

Larry,

I think you are asking about the cap tube. It is give or take 0.01 inches the same as the cap on the baron kits.

I have lots of spares if you need a few.

Larryreitz

Ken, thank you very much for the reply and the offer to provide tubes. Based on your post I have ordered a few set of baron tubes along with my order at Exotics. Hopefully I won't need the extra tubes, but the cost to be backed up is relatively low. I really appreciate the replies to my call for help.
Larry

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Ken, thank you very much for the reply and the offer to provide tubes. Based on your post I have ordered a few set of baron tubes along with my order at Exotics. Hopefully I won't need the extra tubes, but the cost to be backed up is relatively low. I really appreciate the replies to my call for help.
Larry
Can't say for sure but--if the length is right Baron tubes should work. There are alternate drill sizes of 15/32nd and 25/64th (same as Baron) that can be used but the Caballero's were sized for metric. But you should also look at the tube ID to see if they are compatible. The Caballero probably has a different size cap threaded insert than the Baron, it should be close but be careful.
EDIT IN. Just so you know the fractional drill bits are slightly smaller 25/64th is 9.9219mm and 15/32nd is 11.9063mm.

Last edited:
Top Bottom