which pen supplier??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rwilkins

I'm new and have only gought from PSI and Woodturningz. I'm reading pen names like Zen, Gent II, etc.. Who is your supplier? :eek::confused:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Whaler

There are a lot of good suppliers out there.
CSUSA, Bear Tooth Woods, Arizona Silhouette, Exotic Blanks, Lau Lau Woods are my primary sources. I have had excellent service from all of them.

JerrySambrook

Here is where I would start looking at the moment:
http://www.laulauwood.net/catalog/12

The Jr Gent II you may have to go through CSUSA, but at the moment they are not on my recommend list.

And why are they not on your recommend list?

After reading this thread. once again, a l ot of people who are quick to jump on a bandwagon with their heads somewhere else.

This is at least the third time that I recall that CSUSA has gone thru this.

And twice THEY were in the right!!

Lovely bunch of people we have here

Last edited:

thewishman

Here is where I would start looking at the moment:
http://www.laulauwood.net/catalog/12

The Jr Gent II you may have to go through CSUSA, but at the moment they are not on my recommend list.

And why are they not on your recommend list?

After reading this thread. once again, a l ot of people who are quick to jump on a bandwagon with their heads somewhere else.

This is at least the third time that I recall that CSUSA has gone thru this.

And twice THEY were in the right!!

Lovely bunch of people we have here

Amen!

bitshird

I recommend CSUSA or Exotic Blanks both are first class dealers, Exotic Blanks does have slightly better prices on the Jr Gents II and Jr Statesman pens, plus they also carry some nice offerings from Berea Hardwoods, as does Ernie at Bear Tooth Woods, And don't get involved in the dog pile I inadvertantly started this morning, it was a mistake that has been corrected. Also you might want to check with Aaron at Lau Lau woods, he carries a few pens that no one else has, All of the above mentioned dealers give excellent service, and are pretty darned fast with their shipping.

Woodchuck

I have been getting my supplies from Woodnwhimsie.com. They have a PSI line of kits and they are cheaper than PSI plus they have their own line of kits also which are reasonably priced. I cant find another site that have kits and such cheaper and they will get right back with you if you email them. Call the if you have a problem or need something. Tim & Tracy are good people. Hope you find this helpful.

-Woodchuck

rwilkins

Thanks all of you. I draw from experience and you people show that you have it....thanks again....Ron :):wink:

Dave Turner

Different vendors offer different kits in different trim platings. For many of the Berea styles and PSI styles, there are multiple vendors available. Sometimes vendors make their own arrangement with the manufacturers to offer different or higher end platings, not offered at other sites. Lau Lau Woods is one of these as is Timberbits. Also check out Smitty's Pen Works for some good deals.

On top of all this, many vendors will offer periodic sales, either of specific kits or over their entire web site. Shipping costs also play a significant role in your purchase, particularly for smaller orders. It gets complicated quickly, so a spreadsheet helps as does keeping a weather eye out for good deals.

Top Bottom