PEN STYLUS

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wood-of-1kind

I was "given" an rather bland pen stylus that I've been using with my I-touch (love this little guy :)). Surprisingly enough, the diameter of the tube is 7 mm and technically I could've used my bushings for making slimline pens. This AM, I decided to use the components and dress the stylus up a bit just for fun. I'd like to share the results with a few pixs.

Attachments

• P1010024.jpg
    P1010024.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 177
  • P1010026.jpg
    P1010026.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 164
  • P1010028.jpg
    P1010028.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 190
  • P1010030.jpg
    P1010030.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 171
  • P1010036.jpg
    P1010036.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 178
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
very well done Peter, what type of wood did you use? Green is my favorite color so if you get bored with it, send it my way:biggrin:

Thanks Seamus. I used some cherry blank that was lying around and used some food dye to sort of get it to match the protective case on the I-touch.
Nice stylus, Peter; although my choice for wood would have been Lignum Vitae with it's natural green stripes!:biggrin:

I have no idea what an I-touch looks or smells like.:biggrin:

turn4fun

Nice looking stylus! I haven't made any stylus's yet but have been doing some web research on them. From what I've learned so far, there needs to be an electrical connection between your fingers and the foam stylus tip for the stylus to work properly. That connection is sometimes a metal pen clip and sometimes a metal nib. I didn't see any connection on your stylus. So, I'm curious how well it works. Thanks.. Larry

wood-of-1kind

Nice looking stylus! I haven't made any stylus's yet but have been doing some web research on them. From what I've learned so far, there needs to be an electrical connection between your fingers and the foam stylus tip for the stylus to work properly. That connection is sometimes a metal pen clip and sometimes a metal nib. I didn't see any connection on your stylus. So, I'm curious how well it works. Thanks.. Larry

Works real smooth even without the use of the metal clip. I purposely shaped mine to resemble an"extra" finger.

Top Bottom