Pen styles (names)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodChucker

Is there different names for the same styles of pens? Like the (Jr. Gentlemen's pen) for one, I see it at Craft Supplies USA but when I look for it on other sites I see pens that look like it but have different names. Will the same tubes and bushings work if they are in fact the same style?

Also, I bought one of these from CSU but it didn't come with direction, and there not on there web site either, that I can find anyway. Does anyone know where I can download directions for that type of pen?

Sorry, it was the Cigar pen that I need direction for , not the Jr. Gentlemen's pen. [:I]

Thanks...... R.T.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
G

I am guessing it's a copyright thing.
Euro-style for Mont Blanc,Slimline for Cross etc,
The Home page here has a good set of directions for Cigar pen,
PSI has a down load section for their kits, as does Woodcraft.As far a switching bushings goes,other than slimlines I wouldn't chance it.
I normally buy at least 10 of any kit and it's too much of a risk to chance a mistake for the cost of a set of bushings.

darbytee

RT, There's a link to a PDF instruction file at the top of this page. Give that a try.

http://www.pennstateind.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PSI&Product_Code=PKBIG&Category_Code=CIG

WoodChucker

Ok thanks guys, that was what I needed. I was just on the home page the other day and didn't see that BIG Ole pic for the cigar pen instruction. Guess I must be getting older then I thought. :)

Thanks again!

R.T.

wayneis

The Jr. Gentlemens and the Gentlemens pen kits can only be bought at Craft Supply USA. I have found a couple kits bushings that do in fact match up, Rockler sells a Perfect Fit Convertable pen kit and it is identical to the perfect Fit Convertable kit that Berea sells. Actually there is one difference, Rockler's price is a lot higher than Berea. Same kit and you also have to use the Berea B type mandrel rod. I've also found that most of the Euro's match. Eventually we want to have a good selection of instructions for all of the kits here at Penturners.org and the sizes of the parts will be included in ours. I think that I've only come across one or two instructions from the Companies that include part sizes.

Wayne

WoodChucker

Hello Wayne, thanks for the info. Yeah it's to bad they can't get together and have some sort of standard for the more popular pens. It seems like it would make it a lot easier, at least it would for a rookie like me. Anyway, thanks for the tips!

R.T.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom