Pen style description

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Minotbob

I haven't started to turn pens yet but I've been reading all I can here. There are so many different kind of pen styles I was wondering it there is a description of all of the different styles that I can use a reference?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
catalog

I would get catalogs from as many companies as I could (different sellers often have different names for the same or very similar items) and compare them. PSI seems to have dozens of different styles. I don't think there is a single list describing everybody's different styles.

Wildman

Three free catalogs from Berea Hardwoods, Craft Supplies USA, and Penn State Industries should provide enough basic information on pen kits. There are other venders with catalogs like HUT a reseller of Berea kits, and Packard Woodworks, that sell PSI kits.

Craft Supplies, has no resellers for their products, so either order from catalog or website. Berea Hardwoods has several resellers some only sell through their website or store. Penn State has online resellers and stores that carry their kits.

Stores like Rockler & WoodCraft often change the name of pen kits supplied by Berea & PSI.

Few online pen kit suppliers by-pass Berea & PSI and buy direct from offshore manufacturer.

Easiest way to get answers on any pen kit, is check the instruction provided online.

Mickey

There are three that just about everyone would agree on what they look like. The American flat top classic, the European and the Trimline (or Slimline). Beyond that it's anybodys game.

Top Bottom