Pen Storage

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

avbill

Good Afternoon

Today I went to IKEA. An saw some storage boxes. I knew the minute I saw them they were the answer to my storage problems.

There were different sets. one was 9 draws of 4.5x10x2.75 inches or 6 4.5x10x2.75 and one 13x10x2.75 inches. With all the STUFF we all collect with pen turning 4 box sets ( Thats 28 draws) helped me get better organized I have a draw for every pen type kit. which helps kept the room clean.

each set of draw organizer was $12.99 and used Birch plywood [5ply] It took just 20 minutes for each draw set to put together. Just think I be still sawing the plywood on the table saw still. I'm done and having a drink of wine now!

And with the discovery of using cigar boxes to store the finished pen I feel pretty good about storage problems.

bill Daniels

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Hey Bill , that's just what I've been looking for ! Storage boxes & a bottle of wine ! Forgive my ignorance , but , what is a IKEA ?

badger

Do you mean these drawer sets?

35778_PE126676_S3.jpg

or these?
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80073304
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80073304
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20095083

I've got a couple CD sized ones that I use and they are quite nice for storage, and affordable.

badger

R2

I go to Ikea because it's a good place for me to walk when it rains!!
I also like to see what they have in terms of storage ideas and nic=nacs that I might use. Also love their cafe.:):)[:p]

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Ruth

There's a song " I've been workin'on the railroad " That's where I've been ! Honest , I have never heard of a IKEA . But , I certainly have now . Thanks Bill !

rlharding

Chuck, when IKEA first hit Canada in the early 80's it made a huge impact. The furniture was made to look high end, however, you took it home in boxes and put it together yourself. That's when things fell apart, literally. There was no quality control and the vast majority of the units would have at least a few screws that didn't line up with holes, or have a fitting or two missing. Things have changed a lot since then. At one time that was a huge furniture revolution and the 'it' thing was something from IKEA, ads were devoted to furnishing one's home from a one-stop-shop where you could buy everything from the point your house was in lock up stage.

I don't buy their furniture anymore but the prices on candles, kitchen do-dads, bedding, lamps, rugs......are for the most part excellent - at least if you can wait until sale day.

Working on a railroad must have been interesting. My brother is a train driver in the UK and is in love with his job.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Ruth

Thank you so much for the info on IKEA . It seems I recall now there was a store here in Indy . Will have to check that out . My job on the railroad was interesting , but very physically demanding . I worked in track maintenance . Many production gangs , before finally bidding into a section gang . I'm done with all that now . Just treating the & replacing the joints now . My hat's off to your brother & all the Engineers . What a job they have . Thanks again Ruth !

Top Bottom