PEN STORAGE

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Drcal

I am looking to purchase something (not make) for pen storage in my home. Ideally, I would like a cabinet that holds more than 50 pens.

What I want is strictly for in my home---to show friends and guests...not something to take to shows.

The only ones I find on the net are extremely expensive.

Can anyone helpwith sources or other ideas?

Thanks.
Carmen
Tampa Bay

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mmoncur

I ordered a bunch of these trays from GoPens.com - you can then convert any shallow drawer into a pen drawer. I have a bunch of wooden cabinets with shallow drawers that were sold by Staples or Office Depot for storing papers that make great pen cabinets with the trays added.

Kenny Durrant

They won't hold that many but they will hold several pens and that is a cigar box. I put foam padding in it and covered it with velvet and it shows them off quite well. I found some very nice wooden boxes at a cigar shop and gun shows here in Dallas Tx.

mmoncur

I should have mentioned -- I've also made a few cigar boxes into pen cases, using the trays I linked above.

PTsideshow

You may want to check out hobby lobby, while looking for a larger display case. They are sold to house football helmets, 11.5x11.6x15" I found a very nice looking display case, with lid that would hold a good number of pen upward or 25 or so it looked to be 12x16x1 1/2" with some fiber fill in side. about $25. and then they were on sale 40%. Plus they have a sale about once a month with the 40% off. You can go to their web site and print out their weekly coupon for 40% off their are located in the picture frame section. They have a number of shadow boxes, display cases in assorted sizes and shapes.

As does Michael's which had a bonus 25% coupon entire purchase, for the display cases this past week in addition to the sale price of 40% off. They normally sell for $69.99 with the 40% they are down to $41.99 and then to $31.49 each. So checking out the sites for coupons can make a dent in the prices at both stores.

:clown:

PTsideshow

This is the harbor freight wood tool box.
DSCF0005.jpg

I have two of them in use, and wife has one for her beading tools and supplies.
DSCF0006.jpg

Wife's is on a roller base made from an old office/computer chair. With a section of oak plywood screwed to it.
DSCF0008.jpg

She keeps it in the living room and it can be adjusted for height so it is easy for her to reach the tools and materials.
:clown:

Top Bottom