Pen for stepfather

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Alexanderpens

Hey, does anyone know a higher end kit that would frame a cherry burl well?

Spec's needed:
Rollerball, Not too large, and it needs to be a good desk pen (he likes to spin them on his desk when bored.)

My step dad introduced me how to turn, and I wanted to show my appreciation the only way I know how, with some advice from those I regard as friends.:tongue:

ldb2000

Jr Statesman , not too big but still significantly built , nice centerband and finial trim .
The Triton is the same size and looks nice . (Thanks Andy , I don't know where I came up with ""Vail" from .
Majestic Jr is one of my favorites (I like the Swarovski crystal on the clip , so do my customers)
Any of them would look good with the cherry burl .
If money is a problem , the new 2 tone cigar pens are good sturdy , larger sized pens with a great look . PSI and others sell them for less then $10 .

Last edited:

PenMan1

In a word...Triton! Well built, priced less that a JR (and be careful, the new jr gents have "issues"), and the Triton makes as good or better presentation than the "jr statie"

The Triton is much less than $20. If that is more than you plan to spend, the Rhinehart is in line with Baron pricing, has no cheesy exposed plastic threads and comes with a Schmidt refill instead of the worthless Hauser.

IMHO, serious users want rollerballs-not ballpoints.

Last edited:
Top Bottom