Pen Stands

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

coach

I have an order for a Cigar Pen/Pencil set. He also wants a stand that will hold them on his desk. He really wants one that they can each stand up in and holds business cards. Anyone know one that will work for the Cigars?

I know I could probably make one, but no time for that right now.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
I have never seen a holder that is that big... you might want to look into one of the holders and then take it apart and make a new funnel big enough to hold a cigar pen.. making it out of the same wood would be a great idea..

JimGo

Coach,
Funny you should mention that. I'm making a cigar pen desk set for a gift for someone. The problem with the brass/gold pen holders that Woodcraft sells is that the holes aren't the correct size for a cigar, so you're stuck doing as Tom suggested and actually making one yourself. If you look in my album, you'll see a picture of a primitive pen holder I made. That took me only slightly longer than a typical pen to actually turn (only because it was my first one), and I didn't have the drilling and glue-up time associated with pens. You could take my design and cut a notch in it using a bandsaw or table saw, and the business cards could go in there. Alternatively, you can use some square stock and cut a ridge in it, cut it in half, and glue it to the top of the pen holder.

Finally, you could try something like this http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/cgi-bin/shopper?preadd=action&key=064-3100 or this http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/cgi-bin/shopper?preadd=action&key=064-3200 or you could just do the business card holder as a separate thing, like this http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/cgi-bin/shopper?preadd=action&key=050-7081

alamocdc

I'm in the process of making one for a P&P set that was ordered as a gift and is somewhat similar to the square one Jim mentioned above. I'm such a perfectionist that I don't think I will be doing this very often. Applying finish now and will post pics when it's done.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
One of my "roundtuits" is to investigatge compression plumbing fittings to see if they can be adapted for holding pens.

jenamison

Hey remember to have pen boxes engraved, thats a nice touch also. Find out what your clients like...lighthouses, animals, motorcycles, etc...and surprise them with some serious wow factor.

Just an idea.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
FYI, I got a nice personal email from Mike today. Sigh, I had just promised Tim I would be nice, and then I get testy. My apologies Mike, and thanks for the email. I guess I shouldn't post late at night when I am tired.

jwoodwright

Coach, here's some Wooden Pen Holders I've made and sold.

This may give you an idea or two...[:)]

200552732616_Wood%20Pen%20Holders%20003.jpg
<br />

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom