Pen Sled

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skordog

Hi again,

I just finished describing my pen vise so now I'd like to show off my pen sled. I copied this idea from ones I had seen either in this forum or sawmillcreek.org. In any case, it makes cutting pen blanks and other projects so much easier and more accurate.

2005324512_Pen%20sled%201.jpg

2005324557_Pen%20sled%202.jpg

The two main parts are the stop block (sliding along the T-Track) so that you can repeatedly cut a series of blanks all to the same length, but also the two small blocks that stick up in the middle. These will hit against the bandsaw's rollerblocks to stop the sled from being cut in half.

I love this tool.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skordog

Originally posted by DCBluesman
<br />Very nice. The stop block is a clever addition that I'd like to try on my sled. Is it adjustable?

No it's not adjustable. Although the only adjustment you might want to make is up and down. I have had occasion where I had to move the rollers up to clear a larger piece of wood and at that point you have to use your brain to know when to stop sawing. [:)]

Originally posted by Skordog
<br />
Originally posted by DCBluesman
<br />Very nice. The stop block is a clever addition that I'd like to try on my sled. Is it adjustable?

No it's not adjustable. Although the only adjustment you might want to make is up and down. I have had occasion where I had to move the rollers up to clear a larger piece of wood and at that point you have to use your brain to know when to stop sawing. [:)]

You can extend the piece of wood 3/4" that rides in the miter slot so it hangs over the front edge of the table when the blade passes into the fence. Then you put a stop block on the bottom of that piece of wood. Place it so it hits the front edge of the table when the blade passes into the fence on the jig. That stops the forward travel of the jig and you can't cut any further.

rlmill

I recognize that, it's a Grizzly G0555, and that is the stock fence that comes with it!! ( I have one and love it) [^]

Originally posted by kmassing
<br />Very nice! What's that beautiful BS fence???
ken

rtgleck

I just ruined Version 1 of my pen sled and was trying to come up with a design as versatile as this. Thank you so much for posting this as this is what I was looking for. I will probably go home tonight and try my best to duplicate. Thank you

jrc

I think my pen sled is better and much safer and I can cut wood that is not straight. I cut allot of curvey sticks. Your not a close to the blade taking your cut blank away.

20053305644_Pen-sled.jpg
<br />

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom