Pen Refills

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

jacurl

I am looking for some suggestions on the pen ink. I am having issues with the ink that is sent. It seems most of the kits are sitting for some time, and they are either dried out. Is anyone else having a similar issue? If so what are you doing? Also where are some good places to buy ink refills. I checked out Staples and they did not have anything even close to what I need for the Baron.

Joe

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Texatdurango

I'm curious to learn what type of kits are you buying that you are running into so many bad refills so I can avoid them. In the past 8 months I have purchased over 200 kits, 80% rollerballs, and have yet to have a bad refill. Most of my kits come with the Schmidt 888 or 5888 refills, both are, in my opinion, superior writing refills to the Hauser 707 rollerballs which came in the Barons.

A nice writing replacement refill is the Parker gel refill #30525, which is available in local Staples and will fit your Barons.

gerryr

You can buy refills that fit the Baron from Arizona Silhouette, Beartooth Woods and Craft Supplies USA. If there's an Office Depot near you they sell a rollerball refill that is exactly the same as the Schmidt 888. I believe the package even says Schmidt compatible or something like that. I have never had one that didn't work so this is not an issue for me. Sometimes they dry up before I can sell them, but I always have a bunch of refills with me at shows to replace them and some people buy extras when they buy a pen.

jacurl

I had a Barron run out of ink. It not a real big complaint about the kits. When you figure they usually sit in a warehouse or on a store shelf for a long time the ink is going to dry out. I expected that. I went by Staples and did not see a good replacement. I will mix and match my kits based on what I am up to. Do you guys have any good on line sites to get refills. I had seen someone on this forum before, but I can not seem to find them now. He had good prices. I think as I get started selling my pens I may include a extra refill. This way the customer knows what type of refill to use, and I avoid the issue I have seen.

George7

I recently put a Uniball Gel Refill in a Baron that I sometimes carry. It fits fine and it seems to write better than the original Hauser ever did.

toolcrazy

The Uniball refill fits fine, but it does stick out of the Baron nib just a bit farther than the original. The Pilot G2 fits just like the original does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom