Pen reference Chart-I Need "PANACHE" measurements.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Randy_

Thanks, Jim. That's exactly what I need!!

A quick question for you. The OD for the long tube(0.4") matches much better with the called drill bit than what you first posted. But the OD for the short tube(0.48") doesn't match quite as well as the first. I assume you measured with a vernier the second time around. Any chance that tube has a flat spot on it or did you take several readings??

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Randy, hope this helps if you haven't already got the info

20061219204235_Panache2.jpg
<br />

20061219204259_Panache.jpg
<br />

Jim15

Randy,
The Od of the short tube is 31/64" or 12.46 mm or 0.48. I must admit though that I am a little chalenged when it come to measuring things. I took these reading with a caliper. I hope I got measurements right.

jim

Originally posted by Randy_
<br />Thanks, Jim. That's exactly what I need!!

A quick question for you. The OD for the long tube(0.4") matches much better with the called drill bit than what you first posted. But the OD for the short tube(0.48") doesn't match quite as well as the first. I assume you measured with a vernier the second time around. Any chance that tube has a flat spot on it or did you take several readings??

bradbn4

so if you look at the OD of the large bushing (.788") - it is larger than .75 or 3/4" - - so is there a pen mill cutter head that will work on this kit?

I have had zero luck trying to sand it down - I just can get it level.

Bradbn4

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
No, a 3/4" barrel trimmer is not sufficient. Start there, then sand the rest with a disk sander or(my method) by hand on a piece of glass.

Randy_

Thanks for the idea, Steven. I couldn't quite read the information from those purple sheets; but did visit the CSUSA web site and found a copy I could read.

Randy_

Jim: Ya still out there?? Looks like I do need some more help. The bushing measurements that I already have don't match very well with the numbers posted on the CSUSA web site. Could you please measure both dia. of each end bushing and the three dia. of the center bushing so I can get a handle on where the conflict lies? Thanks.

jersey

Randy,
Sorry can't help you on tube measurements (all kits turned). But bushings measure: cap-.669/.460 center-.461/.570/.375 base-.376/.786

Randy_

Thanks, jersey. Those figures are within a thousandth or two of what the CSUSA instruction sheet calls for so I am comfortable with them.

BTW, are you from Jersey? I grew up there and went to college there as well.

JimGo

I grew up there and went to college just across the river in Philly. That explains a lot about both of us Randy! [:D]

BTW, I'm not ignoring your E-mail; the holidays are keeping me very busy, both at work and at home! I promise I'll respond before the end of the week.

Randy_

Originally posted by JimGo
<br />.....BTW, I'm not ignoring your E-mail; the holidays are keeping me very busy, both at work and at home! I promise I'll respond before the end of the week.

Jim: I know this is a busy time for everyone and time is at a premium.. The PRC is a long term project and will not likely be finished before the first of the year. [:D][:D]

Why don't you wait until after the holidays......if I was in a particular rush, I would have mentioned it.

Best wishes to you and the family for a happy and safe holiday season. Not that much snow in Jersey; but I sure do miss it. Somehow, Christmas in shirt sleeves and shorts just doesn't cut it??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom