Pen problems

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BeeAMaker

This Engineer click pen kit is only a couple months old and the top knurl piece broke off. The threading is so thing the brass simply ripped along the groves like a spring.

Anyone know if there is a place to buy parts or do I need to buy a complete set to replace the part.

I also noticed after I took the pic that the clear coating is already peeling off - this isn't good for an $8 pen kit.

Broke1.jpg

Broke2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mortalis

I have had issues with pen kits in the past and contacted the seller and explained the issue. They told me they had several complaints about the kit and that I would be sent replacement parts when they became available. I received the replacement parts and they worked just fine.

BeeAMaker

I have no issues going back to the supplier -but;

I have made several dozen cheep slimline and funline pens, $1.50 - $3 kits - 0% issues.
I made 2 Engineering clicks $8 kits - 50% issues.
I made 3 Gatsby twists $7 kits - 33% issues 1 had a weird bend to it and would not assemble into the tube - It simply slid right back out of the tube as if too small to fit.
I made 1 Rollster $6 kit 100% issues - the cap does not snap on straight, making the pen look "bent".

I would expect issues with the cheap ones, and I made far more of them!
Are the more expensive kits crappier built? I understand that there will be issues once in a while - but the odds aren't looking good.

WriteON

I have no issues going back to the supplier -but;

I have made several dozen cheep slimline and funline pens, $1.50 - $3 kits - 0% issues.
I made 2 Engineering clicks $8 kits - 50% issues.
I made 3 Gatsby twists $7 kits - 33% issues 1 had a weird bend to it and would not assemble into the tube - It simply slid right back out of the tube as if too small to fit.
I made 1 Rollster $6 kit 100% issues - the cap does not snap on straight, making the pen look "bent".

I would expect issues with the cheap ones, and I made far more of them!
Are the more expensive kits crappier built? I understand that there will be issues once in a while - but the odds aren't looking good.

The Rollster... is there a white plastic insert for the cap? If it does not snap into place it does wobble. I made a few...not my favorite kit. Also had one leak...fortunately it leaked on a display stand in my house....not in someone's suit pocket or pocketbook.

Last edited:
Top Bottom