pen play major role is historic obama's healthcare ceremony

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

studioso

hi all,
For those who didn't follow Obama's ceremonies today (and for those who are not paying attention, like Canadians such as myself!), a strange thing happened when it was time to sign the bill: President Obama had 2 boxes with some 20 pens laid down in front of him, and he used a different pen for every stroke of his signature.

check out the video here:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/03/23/health.care.main/index.html?section=cnn_latest

presumably, he plans to later gift this historic momentos to various supporters etc. (either that, or he just wants to make a killing tonight on ebay!:biggrin:).

anyways, I couldn't see clearly what pen was he using, was it handmade etc.
but I think it's the same pen used in this high rez picture:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bf/Barack_Obama_signs_at_his_desk.jpg
seems to be a Cross.

i fact, further research confirmed that Obama uses these:http://www.cross.com/catalog/pendetail.aspx?cat_name=Cross+Townsend+Pens&id=575

oh well. I was looking forward too see my slimlines on National TV. but then again, mines are not American made!

So what do you guys think?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
This is the norm for signing important legislation.

Don't know who GETS the pens, but probably Pelosi will have a reasonably nice collection.

RAdams

Banned
Yeah, they have done this for as long as i can tell. And if i am nto mistaken, I remember reading somewhere that Cross supplies all the white house writing insturments. That seems to be the preferred pen of Pres. Obama.

workinforwood

Maybe he can sell one of those pens and get my Aunt that liver transplant that she has been waiting for in Canada for 28 yrs. I can't wait to start paying 50% income tax again. SWEEET !!!!:biggrin:

David M

Maybe he can sell one of those pens and get my Aunt that liver transplant that she has been waiting for in Canada for 28 yrs. I can't wait to start paying 50% income tax again. SWEEET !!!!:biggrin:

just 50 % , income tax is about a third , sales tax is 5 % in va and almost 10 in Tn., personal property tax if you own anything , if you using the hobby as business you have inventory tax if you have kits or blanks,if you eat out there is a food tax for it being prepared, and when you die there is a tax .....

bitshird

just 50 % , income tax is about a third , sales tax is 5 % in va and almost 10 in Tn., personal property tax if you own anything , if you using the hobby as business you have inventory tax if you have kits or blanks,if you eat out there is a food tax for it being prepared, and when you die there is a tax .....

Are you saying that they are taxing us TO DEATH!!! The sad thing about Socialized medicine is it's the major tax hog in every country that has it, so why should we be different, at least we parent paying 8.90 a gallon for gas,(yet) most of which is tax imposed by these countries to fund their free medical, THERE AIN'T NO FREE NOTHIN!! Some European and Scandinavian are paying extremely high income and other forms of tax, so look at it this way we are dropping down to the level of the rest of the Civilized world.

CWA

I'll Keep my comments to myself, lest I not get in trouble......on the forum, no swearing allowed right?

Semper Fi!!!!

witz1976

No, no swearing...however those of us in the US can sent a better message. VOTE these SOB's right out of office. We need to take our Country back, this is getting ridiculous!

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
This has turned political so I am locking it before it goes further south. If you have a problem with my decision, I am always willing to listen to your concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom