Pen and Pencil sets

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dfross

The only choices I can find for a pen and pencil set is the Slim-Line. Are there others out there with a little more heft than the Slim-Line?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Crashmph

you can turn any parker style refill pen in to a pencil with a Schmidt DSM 2006 .5 or .7 lead. You can get those from Exoticblanks.

You just have to trim the plastic lead cover on the insert to the same length as a parker ink refill. Then you can make a Pen and Pencil set of any parker style ink pen.

sbell111

We just made a cigar pencil for a customer the other day. It was actually the first cigar pencil kit that we've ever made, so I played around with it a little bit. I absolutely loved the twist mechanism. I may very well be wrong, but I bet that it has far fewer maintenance issues than the click pencil mechanisms.

sbell111

I'm also reminded that I saw a Jr Gent pencil kit in the bin when I fished out the cigar pencil kit. Many of the kits that were introduced more than a year or so ago have pencil varients.

kovalcik

Just remove the center band and turn the profile however you want.

Unfortunately that is not as easy with the slim model pencil. The center band is structural. You could turn it as a single barrel I guess and do the pen as a one piece slimline to match.

Krash

Unfortunately that is not as easy with the slim model pencil. The center band is structural. You could turn it as a single barrel I guess and do the pen as a one piece slimline to match.

You are correct. I had to put the center coupler on the lathe and turn it down to get rid of the ridge. But, as you said, you could turn it as a single barrel which is what I would do if I were doing it again.

Here is the set I made.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f179/ebony-striped-ebony-pen-pencil-set-120573/

Last edited:

sbell111

One solution is to buy long 7mm tubes and cut them down to size to make a one-piece slimline pencil, eliminating the need for center band.

Tim'sTurnings

I did a special order Bullet Cartridge Pen and Pencil set for a customer and I bought them at PSI. I have had no complaints so I guess they work ok. :)
Tim.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
The only choices I can find for a pen and pencil set is the Slim-Line. Are there others out there with a little more heft than the Slim-Line?

At: PSI Longwood, The Stratus, Comfort, Vertex,Slimline Pro, Trimline, Designer, Power, Executive....to name just one source. You should find similar listings at other sources as well.

Top Bottom