Pen-Pencil kits?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rossvh

I have some customers that are wanting a pen & pencil set. My problem is that I have not been thrilled with the quality of the pencil kits I've tried and wondered if anyone has found one that they feel good about.

Thanks for your input!
RossVH

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jd99

I'm making a set right now as a prototype for a customer.... well as soon as it gets below 110 in the shop I will be :wink:, I'm using the click sierra pen and the click sierra pencil from exotics.

The only thing I noticed is that the button click pen is longer then the pencil, this is because you can use a uniball refill or a parker refill (with spacer/adapter) in the pen, but I did some measuring, and I'm going to shorten the tube .600" and just have it use the parker refill and don't give the option for the uniball.

This way both the pen and pencil will be about the same length when finished.

The pencil seems to be very sturdy.

I'll post pictures as soon as I can get back out in the shop, and finish the set.

Last edited:

KenV

I like the Sierra Click sets even if the lengths are not quite the same. Note that the Sierra clicks now are out there in two styles -- "Classic" (read old) and New Style with a different transmission and a parker refill. I tend to shorten the tube and forget the Uniball and G-2 Refills

The Sierra click pencil is the same length as the Elegant Beauty twist and have paired them so the click is the pencil and the twist is the pen.

Also have some Elegant Bueaty clicks in stock for those who want a similar length click style.

Have to clear the stock of the classics before I order more,

cmccarter

I made my wife a vertex set and she is very pleased with both the pen and pencil.. and like it was said before it shows off your blank well.

chester

wood-of-1kind

I have some customers that are wanting a pen & pencil set. My problem is that I have not been thrilled with the quality of the pencil kits I've tried and wondered if anyone has found one that they feel good about.

Thanks for your input!
RossVH

Perfect Fit kit is what I prefer for both pen/pencil. Pencil uses the Schmodt mechanism and works well. Pen is 'convrtible' to pencil.

alamocdc

Like Peter, I'm gonna go old school here. The best functioning pencil I have found is the Perfect Fit. Makes a dang fine pen too! When I have requests for P&P sets, it is my go to... unless the customer REALLY wants something else. But I try to talk them out of it.

Culprit

I have recently purchased, but haven't yet turned or assembled, the European pen and pencil sets from CSUSA. The pencil mechanism is a 0.7mm Schmidt twist, not a button click (plus for some, negative for others). Working the bare pencil mechanism in my hands, it feels solid (like everything I have seen from Schmidt) and I don't anticipate any problems with it. I can't wait for a chance to put one together - just have to clear a few honey-do's off the list first.

dtswebb

The Vertex pen and pencil are excellent choices. I've turned a few El Grande ballpoint pens and used the Schmidt insert to convert them into a pencil. My issue with the conversion is that the tip of the pencil sticks out and can put a hole in a shirt. With the Vertex, there is no tip sticking out.

I've turned a PSI click cigar pen and pencil set, but haven't used either enough to say whether I would turn more.

Matthew

Carl Fisher

I recently picked up a batch of twist pencils on clearance from Klingspor. They are a dead ringer for a euro style "designer" series or if you put a flat top on it could also match up with the american classic or "flat top" line.

I'll get a picture up as soon as I take one.

PenMan1

When I need to make a matching pen and pencil set, I always turn back to the perfect fit. Since the upgraded platings came along, IMHO, the perfect surpasses the Mont Blanc ballpoint in every category.

I've tried most of the sets out there and always return to perfect fit.

Top Bottom