Pen/Pencil Bushings Question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeremysaal

Hey there,

I purchased some Rockler Plateau Pencils (48716) and I am unable to find bushings (44937). I located a Flat Top American Twist BP bushing set that is very close (within .004 on D, F, J, & L diameters and exact for E dia.). I imagine the .004 will be close enough, but was curious for those who turned this set if this is a good idea or not.

If not, if anyone has a one or two sets of Rockler 44937 bushings, I would definitely buy them from you or mail you a handful of these pencils for trade.

Thanks again and have a good one!

Jeremy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skie_M

You could always add a layer or two of CA on the bushings to bring them out if needed .... or just sand them down to match.

Whichever one you do, make sure you mark your baggie and dont mix'n'match the wrong sets. :)

magpens

Hey there,

I purchased some Rockler Plateau Pencils (48716) and I am unable to find bushings (44937). I located a Flat Top American Twist BP bushing set that is very close (within .004 on D, F, J, & L diameters and exact for E dia.). I imagine the .004 will be close enough, but was curious for those who turned this set if this is a good idea or not.

If not, if anyone has a one or two sets of Rockler 44937 bushings, I would definitely buy them from you or mail you a handful of these pencils for trade.

Jeremy

Jeremy, I might have an extra set of said bushings, but I don't think you'll go wrong using the Flat Top Bushings for those $1 Pencil Kits ;)

Are those kits really that cheap that you'll trade a handful of pencils for a set of bushings ??? :) .... $1 per kit :) ?

Maybe Rockler stuff is incredibly cheap :) .... I should check them out ....

Funny ... just did and couldn't find those part numbers on their website ...

... but I did find this ...

http://go.rockler.com/tech/48716-Plateau-Pencil.pdf

PSNCO

They discontinued. We have a Rockler Outlet Store in the Mpls area since Rockler is headquartered in the area.

They had the Pencils, Plateau tubes and Workshop Pencil Bushings for $1/each. Great deals IF you have the bushings or kits to marry up with them.

jeremysaal

Hey there,

Jeremy

Jeremy, I might have an extra set of said bushings, but I don't think you'll go wrong using the Flat Top Bushings for those $1 Pencil Kits ;)

Are those kits really that cheap that you'll trade a handful of pencils for a set of bushings ??? :) .... $1 per kit :) ?

Maybe Rockler stuff is incredibly cheap :) .... I should check them out ....

Funny ... just did and couldn't find those part numbers on their website ...

... but I did find this ...

http://go.rockler.com/tech/48716-Plateau-Pencil.pdf

Rockler is an outstanding store. Their clearance isle is great when you catch items at the right time. In my example, they had several of these for an obvious great price. I bought a bunch of them. Rather than try to wait weeks to find the bushings for $5, which is not worth anyone's time, I would rather give someone an outstanding deal and have my hands on those bushings sooner than later.

That PDF is what I have in my hands.

Have a good one!

Top Bottom