Pen Parts - Specifically Jr. Gent.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JMT

What is a good resource for ordering specific parts for pens?

I now have TWO Jr. Gent pens that my customers have had broken because they let someone look at the pen and the @##$%!@ yanked the pen apart instead of twisting apart.

Anyway....so whatever you call the part in the cap that has the threads....it's now broke. I need to order a couple replacements at some point. I hate to go buy a full kit just to use that one specific part.

Hope this makes sense....

Thanks,
John

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lenny

John, welcome to the club. My last three shows each featured someone ruining a pen ... the first two were Jr. Gent II's that overzealous customers (can you really call them customers when they didn't buy anything?) pulled apart.
While you can try calling your supplier (CSUSA ?) and ask if they have individual componet pieces available, you might have better luck getting them from a member here that either has parts left over from a custom pen or a damaged one they kept to salvage parts.
Is your pen the Jr. Gent II ? You need the plastic threaded coupler ... right?
Hope you have some good luck and find one!

JMT

Yep....that's the part exactly. I buy the kits from a local Rockler next to my office. Dealing with the local guys, they don't seem to think they can get parts. I hadn't really progressed to calling Rockler direct.....

And BUMMER regarding your 'customers'....oye....makes me see red.....

beck3906

As to customers pulling apart pens...

Do you use any type of sign that reads like the poem...

Lovely to look at
Delightful to hold
But if you break it
Consider it sold.

I would really like to.

toddlajoie

John, Give CSUSA a call. I had a friend do the same thing to one of mine and while I was very clear with them that it was not defective, and I was willing to purchase the replacement part, they replaced it for me. It may help "grease the wheels" so to speak if you are calling in an order at the same time :biggrin: as I was.

leestoresund

Do you suppose that there might be enough parts lying around with all of us that we could somehow get a listing on this site?
A PenParts forum or maybe a moderator(?) that one could send spare parts to who would keep them segregated and mail them out to some one who needed that part.
A fee paid to IAP and cost of mailing. Most would fit in an envelope or a cushioned envelope.
Maybe like a lending library? You donate parts and get replacements based upon your donations.
Just a thought.

Lee

Lenny

Lovely to look at
Delightful to hold
But if you break it
Consider it sold.
Or the ever popular:

I break, I cry.
You break, you buy.

Regards,
Eric

I like them both!
Amazing how fast they leave after doing something like that. My 3rd incident involved a little girl who knocked one of my more expensive fountain pens to the floor bending the nib in the process! At least she came back with her Mom and made a purchase. (I had an upgraded nib that I just hadn't installed yet, luckily). :rolleyes:

kevrob

Do you suppose that there might be enough parts lying around with all of us that we could somehow get a listing on this site?
A PenParts forum or maybe a moderator(?) that one could send spare parts to who would keep them segregated and mail them out to some one who needed that part.
A fee paid to IAP and cost of mailing. Most would fit in an envelope or a cushioned envelope.
Maybe like a lending library? You donate parts and get replacements based upon your donations.
Just a thought.

Lee

I LOVE this idea or anything similar. I broke a part of a Jr. Gent II wham I started turning last summer and I thought about something similar then...I bet between all members here we would have PLENTY of parts lying around.

omb76

Fair warning when trying to get just the threaded center coupler. Not all pieces are created equal anymore. I tried to do the same thing and the threads have changed on the Jr. series. I ended up having to change out the center band, nib and end coupler because of different threads.

I do like the idea of the IAP Parts Warehouse!

Top Bottom