Pen parts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

roberts

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom.
Just a quick query which I would like an answer (good or bad), has anybody got details of how I can get the bits for making a pen/pencil without having to buy compete kits from suppliers? The reason is I make a few mistakes and end up with bits of pen but not enough to make a new complete one.[:eek:)] Well you get the idea. Any help is most welcome, if possible in the UK or somebody who can send stuff from USA ( I know our Customs are having a perg on inports from USA, SWMBO works for them [:I]).

Thanks a lot

Bob `S`

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ilikewood

Hi Bob,

I think every pen turner in this group has a bag or two of spare parts from their goofs. I do, plus I also make many of my pens with out certain parts, such as the centerband or point. The only thing I commonly am short on is twist mechanisms.

Maybe we could form a parts warehouse between the people of the group and then we might be able to supply those missing parts that others have. Kind of like a auto junk yard. I would be willing to send my parts to someone who would catalog them and then post, or even do it myself!

Bill in Idaho

tipusnr

I don't know about in England but Woodcraft sells individual pen pieces (such as slimline twist mechanism) individually in its retail stores. You would have to look at their website to see if they do it via the internet at www.woodcraft.com.

roberts

Thanks for the replies. looks like Bill wins with the grand 'chuck everything in a box and help yourself' solution. I find it is the twist mechs that I have a problem getting out, I cannot find a removal set here in UK, now I have seen one on Woodcraft site I am now aware of what I am looking for.
Bob `S`

Daniel

Bill, I nominate you for "Parts Manager"
I think it is an awesome idea. Actually I don't have "Alot" of stuff. but there is some.
I thought about having a forum that everyone lists there spape parts but am not sure that would work real good. By the time people forgot to edit there lists and all.
With a little more though your central location idea starts sounding better.

ilikewood

I don't mind doing it if there is enough interest. Maybe we should have a poll? I will probably never use all the parts I have, so I would love to see them get put to use...ding, ding...another thought...maybe we could combine parts to make complete kits as well for use for those who participate in the program? Complete kits would then just be shipped to the next guy on the list so it is fair...I don't know...just a thought.

It's my day off, so I am not supposed to be thinking. I might hurt myself. [:D]

Bill in Idaho

roberts

I like the idea to unfortunatly by the time I have sent the 'Keeper of the orphans' my meagre bits, you could have purchased a full kit for the same price, I will have to wait until I have amassed a parcel full[:D].

Regards to all

Bob `S`

p.s. I was on Police duty today for the D-Day parade here in Northampton UK and a squad of Americans airmen turned up to take part, it was absolutly brilliant, they got a great welcome and applause from the bystanders, Ah memories of when I served with the U.S. servicemen in Holland (AFCENT, NATO), I was in R.A.F.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom