Pen for a nurse?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

G1Pens

Hey guys and gals...

I haven't been on here in quite a while. Just so busy with so many things....

I have a friend who is wanting a pen for her niece who is graduating as an RN. I need suggestions for pen style and a design.

I'm all ears...well...actually all eyes since I can't hear you but can read what your write:)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

G1Pens

I was aware of the caduceus inlay and will consider that. And, I understand why nurses prefer clicks. I am trying to find out if she wants a "commemorative" type pen, or a daily use pen.

Any other ideas on design besides the caduceus?

Sandy H.

I've been playing around with casting things and I think that opens up some neat possibilities if you like that sort of thing. Maybe some actual piece of paper related to her training or the process of learning. I'll say 'report card' as that's the concept I'm getting at, but that itself is a dumb idea. I think you get the gist.

As an aside, a co-worker's daughter had her first child and I asked him to get me a newspaper from their town the day she was born. He did (didn't know why) and gave it to me. I made a collage on a tube with the date and cut out letters for her name and cast it. The quality of the casting wasn't too great, but that's OK, because it looked more like a ransom note than a 'Happy Granddaughter' pen. I ended up tossing it as it was kind of creepy looking. Someone else might do that really well and I think the idea is sound, but my execution was pretty bad! He still has no clue why I asked for the newspaper, so I have to figure out something cool to do with it and give it to him to put in his daughter's stocking at Christmas or something. . .

Good luck!

Sandy.

cwolfs69

it is not that they "like" click pens or not, the fact is it is very inconvenient to use a twist pen for a nurse. having spen 18 years as a practicing ER Nurse, i can tell you for a fact, if it is for use on the job, only a click pen will work well. you almost never have 2 hands available when you need to write something quickly. just my $0.02 worth.

juteck

Agree on the Click. For all the pens my wife has confiscated from me, the only one she hasn't misplaced is the long click. Her favorite.

darthintel

This is the pen I make for my medical friends ...

383453_3553774132727_1285210095_n.jpg

Jim Burr

Banned
I made a Vertex click for the ICU manager a few years ago...sales shot up from there! My personal carry is a Caduceus inlay on a EB Sierra.

panamag8or

all the nurses I know personally - like click pens.

one handed operation and no cap to lose

Yep. My GF is a nurse, and will only use clicks (that I make for her, of course). She likes the Compson and the long click. Also, make sure it's an acrylic pen, so it can get "fluids" on it and be easily cleaned with an alcohol pad... trust me on this.

Top Bottom