Pen nib retracts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tiger

Haven't turned a pen lately but have noticed that the pen nib is slowly retracting until it gets to the point where it only just pokes out. It is minutely retracting each time I use my pen and has retracted at the rate of 1 millimetre over 3 days. This has happened on only a few pens and always with the slimline kit. I'm yet to take the pen apart but would guess that the transmission is slipping a little. Anyone else found this and is there a preventative measure?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CREID

I have never had that happen. But I agree. The transmission must be slipping. Unless the tube has come unglued and the tube is slipping. You should be able to see if anything is slipping when you pull it apart.
Just my 2 1/2 cents

Curt

magpens

Try tightening the Cross-style refill in the transmission.

Just as a matter of interest, where did you buy those slimline kits ? . Timberbits ? . PSI ?

Last edited:

Tiger

Thanks for the replies. Magpens your suggestion seems to work and the nib retracts fully the way that it did originally. Maybe I didn't tighten the refill in the transmission enough on some of these and that would explain why some have slipped and some haven't. Thank you for helping me out. I buy the kits from a local distributor called Pop's Shed.

Top Bottom