Votes: 4 13.3%

Votes: 8 26.7%

Votes: 1 3.3%

Votes: 1 3.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Haynie

Trying again

I am about to start on what will be a rather expensive pen experiment. My wife does not know so Shhhh.

Since this will be expensive and depending on reaction to it, I will need to offer subsequent products up for sale. Below is an attachment that shows 6 different design motifs. I am wanting to know what folks feel about them and why. I wish the poll could be a rank. I have my thoughts but since none of the pens I voted for in the competitions I am thinking my taste might be suspect. I intentionally kept things basic, but each design is exactly the same in size and shape.

Attachments

• Pen Motif Styles.pdf
    82.6 KB · Views: 399
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Culprit

Am I seeing a capped pen, such as a Jr Gent, with the clip in 3 different positions, and two different orientations for each position?

Ed McDonnell

Is that an armless stick guy (or gal) standing next to a giant pen? I think I may not be interpreting the design the way you intended?

Ed

Hendu3270

3 or 4....maybe 6, maybe. But 1, 2 and 5 would leave way too much of the pen sticking up and out of a pocket if you ask me. And I would wonder about 6 holding up over time since there could be negative leverage that might affect it (weaken it), if that makes any sense. So 3 or 4 then. And this post is assuming that Culprits take on the pdf above is correct...

Last edited:

Haynie

Okay. I did not think about that. Thanks for asking the clarifying questions. yes it is a capped pen with an armless stick dude as a design. there are no clips pictured

I will try to be more specific

1= Design on cap only oriented to be right side up when pen is capped not when writing with
2= Design split between cap and body. Same orientation as #1
3= Design only on body with same orientation as 1 and 2
4= Design only on cap oriented so design is right side up when the cap is posted
5= Design on body only oriented to be right side up when writing
6= Design split between cap and body oriented like #4 and #5

I hope this helps

Last edited:

Hendu3270

Okay. I did not think about that. Thanks for asking the clarifying questions. yes it is a capped pen with an armless stick dude as a design. there are no clips pictured

I will try to be more specific

1= Design on cap only oriented to be right side up when pen is capped not when writing with
2= Design split between cap and body. Same orientation as #1
3= Design only on body with same orientation as 1 and 2
4= Design only on cap oriented so design is right side up when the cap is posted
5= Design on body only oriented to be right side up when writing
6= Design split between cap and body oriented like #4 and #5

I hope this helps

then I vote for 3

Last edited:

Haynie

An armless stick chick would be wearing a dress. Stick chicks are more modest than stick dudes who wear no pants.

Kretzky

My preferences are for designs to be correct way up when actually writing with the pen.
For me 1 is correct way up when the pen is capped, take the cap off, turn it around to post it then the design is still correct way up (when using the pen) So I'd go for 1 & 5.
I definitely wouldn't go for 2 or 6 it would drive me nuts if they were supposed to line up & didn't.
3 & 4 are wrong (to my way of looking at things), I'm sure others will disagree & would want the design right way up from the "users" pov.
So, I'll stick (no pun intended) with 1 & 5 but I can see why others might prefer #3. #4 from my way of looking at it is upside down whichever way it's looked at.
I always view a closed pen the way you've drawn it (body at bottom, cap at top) an uncapped or posted cap pen with nib end down (as if writing).
Sorry if I've rambled a bit but I'm trying to be constructive. Hope that helps with your decision.
btw I picked 4 of the winners (& all of the placed finalists) in the recent polls :redface: (if that means anything)
Good luck with your project.
ps I didn't "vote" on this because I can't rank my choices but I hope the above gives you my reasoning.

Last edited:

Haynie

Well she has no arms why would care about clothes.

If it were an armless stick chick not wearing any clothes my thread would get deleted. Didn't you read the terms of use? I want to know what people think.

Thanks kretsky I think I understand what you mean.

brownsfn2

If it was a stick chick there would certainly be a mouth as well. A chick without a mouth is certainly only fantasy. ;) (Don't let my wife read this.)

Dale Lynch

I was just attempting to engage in playful banter on a thread that was already off topic.Although I have not read the terms of use I do not think it is against them.Maybe I should read them.

As far as layout goes number 1 is the only way.Never should a person be held upside down.

hewunch

The beauty of #1 is that capped or in use the design will be in the same orientation and position. The options where the image is split would separate the image in one mode or the other and the one on the body will flip. I would use #1 unless the user was left handed then the other side would be used.

Haynie

I was just attempting to engage in playful banter on a thread that was already off topic.Although I have not read the terms of use I do not think it is against them.Maybe I should read them.

As far as layout goes number 1 is the only way.Never should a person be held upside down.

I was playing too. If you hold a person upside down the change falls out of their pocket. And, once on the ground it becomes finders keepers.

Last edited:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I like no 3....when Capped the cap can be designed to ad focus to or compliment the design. when the cap is off, the design would still be in place (and my personal experience is I only post the cap about half the time when I'm writing)

jttheclockman

None of the above. I am sure there is a whole lot more going on here than you are telling us. I sure hope you are not calling this armless figure of any kind. Think about it and the ramifications. Never break a design up that has some sort of meaning with a cap. Put it on either the cap or the body but not both. Again think about it.:confused:

Top Bottom