Pen with the Most???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Has anyone ever calculated which pen kit has the most material left after turning. I know the Sierra Vista is a hearty kit but are there others and if so name them. Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alphageek

Former Moderator
Actually - theres several that are in that same ballpark...

I pulled up Waynes chart from the library... Then looked at the differences between the 'outer diameter' for the 2 bushings and the tube size...

A quick compare shows that the WS III or Vista like you called it puts the thickness around .14 inch...

The art deco bp shows about .15 as does the majestic squire twist, and the aero twist too...

I'd suggest looking over the chart for sizes then comparing to what your interested in..

alphageek

Former Moderator
maybe a cigar?

Unfortunately no... I know this from experience AND the chart backs this up... the cigar has only about .1" of material left near the nib end... which puts it at about the same remaining material of the standard sierra, not the thicker vista.

Fibonacci

Do you mean material thickness or total material?

A larger tube with the same thickness will have more total material.

jttheclockman

Do you mean material thickness or total material?

A larger tube with the same thickness will have more total material.

I am looking for pens with the most material left after it was turned down kit size. I want to do some embedding but of a different kind so I need to have some material left after final size.

cnccutter

I was just looking at this idea the other day. I ordered Elegant Beauty molds thinking that would give me the most meat for casting stuff, but after looking at he chart it seems the Squire is thicker.

Erik

Top Bottom