Pen Models for a Fundraiser

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

David350

All, I have the great honor to make 25 pens for a fundraiser to support cancer research. I have always made pens for family and friends so I really do not know what would sell for the best price. I was thinking of making about half of them wood, and half acrylic as a start. If anyone has any suggestions on pens that are in the $5 to $20 range for a kit, I would really appreciate any advise as to what would raise the most money. Thanks, David

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WriteON

Breast Cancer pen from PSI might be a good one.

Attachments

• 59643802-31EF-45E9-87AA-C34169CF9DCC.jpg
    59643802-31EF-45E9-87AA-C34169CF9DCC.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 132

MRDucks2

I have done some breast cancer awareness pens, they are decent quality and make a nice pen as Frank shows in his photo. A lot of versions of pink blanks out there to go with the bling. All of mine have been in chrome. The Princess Pen also finishes nicely and has a couple of different stone colors.

The men who have bought pens for cancer support (for my daughter's cause) have all been acrylic, also, so far no wood interestingly enough. The acrylics have been in colors with metallic swirl and no bling.

Haven't sold enough to indicate if that is a trend among men willing to support the cause or just coincidence. So far 8 pens all priced at $50 with the whole amount going towards Breast cancer support/awareness.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Dehn0045

I don't sell my pens so can't really comment on the pricing aspect, but I know that the people in my circles get most excited about PSI Bolt Action pens. I've given a handful away, and always get a good response. If friends want me to make them a pen, it is always a Bolt Action. It seems like everybody knows somebody "that would love one of those". Not sure if it would fit with the other items, but I would put it high on my list.

magpens

In my opinion, the Cigar kits at around $7 and the Zodiac and Ellipse kits at about the same price would go over well at a fund raiser (ExoticBlanks.com). Consider also the Vertex Click. I don't think you want to go as high as $20 when buying kits for pens to be sold at a fundraiser, unless the sales are in the auction format where people will shell out quite a bit more and regard it as a donation. . I think you should target selling prices of $30 to $40, unless it is an auction, and buy your kits at the $7-$10 level

Also give the Princess, Diva and Breast Cancer kits from PSI consideration ... a little more expensive.

Last edited:

greenacres2

Another kit that shows well at a reasonable price is the Le Roi Royale (also from Exotic Blanks, a Smitty design). I had two go for over $100 each at an autism auction last fall--both dressed in Full Spectrum acrylic blanks. Single tube, so turning/finishing is quick, but it's a full 3" so it shows the blank well. Buying 11 or more it's at $7 in Ti Gold and $8 in Rhodium.
earl

jcm71

Lazerlinez and Exotic Blanks sell cancer awareness wooden inlay blanks. They go well with a Gatsby and are easy to assemble. I have a number of them in various colors. PM me if interested.

Top Bottom