pen model question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff enomoto

I made a "Navigator" rollerball (from a Woodcraft store)for a friend, and he wants to know if I can convert it to a fountain pen. As near as I can tell, the "Navigator" is the same pen as a "Baron," right. If so, it is a simple conversion of swapping a nib for a fountain pen nib, and then putting in an ink well, instead of a rollerball refill, right?

And while I'm on the subject, can you help with any other names for this style of pen?

Thanks to all.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rob

They are the same basic pens. I only know of them being identified as Barons and Navigator. That said, the business end of a fountain pen kit will work in exchange for the roller ball. Caution is urged regarding the plating though. My local Woodcraft only sells the gold Navigator in the lesser grade plating.

Rob

Skye

Woodcrap is a nessesary evil around here. Good for last minute "Oh crud I need X!", but not much more than that.

GBusardo

Originally posted by Skye
<br />Woodcrap is a nessesary evil around here. Good for last minute "Oh crud I need X!", but not much more than that.

LOL I got a feeling all you would miss woodcraft more than you realize, I WISH I had a woodcraft near by [:)]

Skye

Possibly. My nearest one is about an hour or so away, only go to it when I have a gift certificate from someone. Otherwise I order kits online, get my glue at the local hobby store, ebay wood.

Nothing against them other than overpriced cheap kits and overpriced everything else.

its_virgil

Jeff,
Here is a link to fountain pen nibs (actually the entire front section: nib, feed, and housing) for the baron.
http://arizonasilhouette.com/Fountain_Pen_Nibs.htm

Do a good turn daily!
Don

Originally posted by jeff enomoto
<br />I made a "Navigator" rollerball (from a Woodcraft store)for a friend, and he wants to know if I can convert it to a fountain pen. As near as I can tell, the "Navigator" is the same pen as a "Baron," right. If so, it is a simple conversion of swapping a nib for a fountain pen nib, and then putting in an ink well, instead of a rollerball refill, right?

And while I'm on the subject, can you help with any other names for this style of pen?

Thanks to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom