Which Pen Mandrel???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings all.

I'm in Japan, so I got to pay shipping and I like to order stuff from one company instead of bits from here and there.

I'm about ready to put an order in for some things, one of which is a pen mandrel. I'm looking at the Lee Valley 7mm one.

is this one worth the trip over the sea to me in Japan?

The pen mill and some pen kits would come from LV as well.

Cheers!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alparent

WoodTurningz.com is the best place if you want to get everything from one source. They have all the stuff from PSI, HUT, Barea and others. Go to the website....if what your looking for is not on the site....call them up....they have it all!

I have both the Lee Valley 7mm mandrel and mill.

As for the mandrel, I think the High presicion one from Barea is the best!

The HSS mill from Lee Valley is probebly the best IMHO!

Dario

I would vote that you check Berea if you want to keep all your purchase from only one company. Not sure which re-seller will ship to you though. A shame that you can't use Arizona Silhouette...Bill's service is great!

Well it is not all pen turning stuff I'm buying, not even all just turning stuff, some other wood working stuff too. As you can imgine,the shipping stinks, but I'm almost always still ahead compared to prices here, that is if, IF I can even get the stuff here.

I'll check the sites you mentioned.

Cheers!

Dario

Here si arizonaSilhouette. Check also CSUSA then...they carry lots of stuff.

http://www.arizonasilhouette.com/
http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/index.html

If you tell us what you are looking for maybe we can stir you to a better source.

leehljp

Member Liaison
POC <http://pocwoodworking.com/index.asp> sends oveseas. Sheila Crosby sends small packages through Global Express for about $6.00 or so. The Global Express packages usually get there in a week or less. Everyone here who orders from POC really like the service. She also has numerous pen kits available. I tried to watch my order and buy only enough to fit within the weigth limits of a single package. Sheila will work with you on this, either by phone or by email.

Mandrel:
PKM-FLC - 2MT
PKM-ELC - 1MT

If your order is small, I would go this route. I have ordered a number of woodworking tools through LeeValley. They are very reliable but also cost more in shipping. If you only want the mandrel, it would be cheaper to go through POC.

BEWARE of one thing - you will not be able to get paints, finishes, CA or magnets through air mail or air delivery from anyone in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom