Pen Kits - Help Please!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mitchm

I am really confused with the range of kits available, mainly due to the various names, I hope! Are these the same kits (use same bushings, drill bits, tubes etc)?
PSI Tycoon = AS Baron (Both use 25/64 & 15/32 drill bits)
PSI Gatsby = AS Sierra (Both use 27/64 drill bit)
PSI Apollo = AS Sedona
PSI Olympian = AS El Grande (Both use 31/64 & 33/64 drill bits)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Unlikely.

PSI seldom crosses with Berea, who makes AS.

IF you buy kits, best to buy the bushings with them. Drill bits are least expensive when purchased from Harbor Freight in a set. Once the sizes get over half an inch --- the finished pen is a pricey sale, so "bite the bullet" and buy the proper drill bits --- SAE or metric.

Sorry.:(:(:(

toolcrazy

I bought one of the HF drill bit sets. It was one of the best investments I made. Most of the time I measure the tubes and find the correct bit and don't look at the instructions. I bought 10 specialty bits and spent more that I did on the HF set. Now it is money wasted.

Munsterlander

I have made both Sierras and Gatsbys, but not both types of each of the other pairs you listed. The tubes are inter-changeable on Sierras and Gatsbys, but the bushings are not the same size. Sierra is slightly larger.

brez

Originally posted by Munsterlander

I have made both Sierras and Gatsbys, but not both types of each of the other pairs you listed. The tubes are inter-changeable on Sierras and Gatsbys, but the bushings are not the same size. Sierra is slightly larger.

There are two sizes for Sierra bushings. The Tropical Sierras and and Sierra Vista use a bigger bushing than the standard Sierra.

Mike

Top Bottom