Pen Kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

karlkuehn

Banned
Arizona Silhouette and Bear Tooth both sell Berea kits, but they both have a couple that are exclusive to them, mix and match to get the best pricing, both companies have great service.

Berea stuff:
Barons (AS)
Cigars (Great kits, good engineering, my favorite kits, great for big/arthritic hands)
Euros (lots of custom design opportunities on these, I really like the black chrome ones from Bear Tooth)
Carberas (not exactly high end, but really nice and fun to build)
Sierras (nice single tube kits, but not my favorite because they don't show much timber/blank material)
Sedonas (Basically the Baron in a different costume)
Churchills/El Grandes (Nice big kits, some nib holder -plastic- durability issues)

CSUSA stuff:
Gent's/Jr Gent's
Statesman's/Jr Stateman's
Lots of high end kits, all make nice pens, but spendy

That's a good start I guess. Those are what I mainly like to work with, hope that helps. :)

Russianwolf

If you are talking about reselling, then I would try contacting Daycom directly. You have to buy larger quantities, but you may save money over buying from a vendor.

Daycom manufactures most of the kits available from either Berea or CSUSA.

Thanks Mike. Do you know how to get hold of them?
Originally posted by Russianwolf

If you are talking about reselling, then I would try contacting Daycom directly. You have to buy larger quantities, but you may save money over buying from a vendor.

sbell111

Originally posted by Russianwolf

Minimum order of 500 units for each style/finish? That's going to get spendy quick.

aurrida

is there a healthy market down there? i had a quick look at google.co.za and saw nothing.

i ask because if its an new and growing market then i question the the sense in going for only high end.

if there is, what are your competitors selling?

what kits are your pen turners using?

knowing this will give you an idea what people want or where there are potential gaps that you could expoit.

the link below is to a small quality supplier in germany i guess doing what you want to do. have a look at his inventory see if it helps.

http://www.drechselholzversand.de/50332098bc10b601c/index.html

Top Bottom