Pen Kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

gjoffrionjr

I have just started turning pens. Been turning for a while now. Mostly turkey calls and strikers. Been wanting to do some pens. Where is the best place to buy the kits? I get PSI, Packard, Woodturner, Hut catalogs already are these the best places? I mostly want to turn slimlines and gel click type pens right now. Maybe a fountain pens later. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mdburn_em

Arizona Silhouette has some very good prices on slimlines and cigars...basic pens. I have been impressed with the prices of pens on woodnwhimsies.com website also.
Word of advice, stay away from anything with a click mechanism. If you are lucky, 1 out of 2 will work well. You would need a rabbits foot in every pocket and one hanging from each ear to get that much luck though.

Texatdurango

There is a fellow named Ernie who owns Bear Tooth Woods http://www.beartoothwoods.com/ that will give you excellent prices and great service. Not only that, if you have a problem with the pen, can't get something to fit just right and ready to throw your hands up in the air, just give him a call and if he's not too busy, he'll talk your leg off helping you through your problem. Try that with any of the other vendors or big supply houses!

'Course, this is just my opinion, I could be wrong! (doubtful but possible) [:D]

George

As regards click mechanisms, Mark, I used to agree with you. However, the PSI Slimline Pro Gelwriter pens are very reliable; I've made at least 30, and not a problem yet. Unfortunately, they're only available in 24k and satin, and an ugly blackline clip, but they actually perform quite well.

bjackman

I have had very good luck with the click pens from Arizona Silhouette, and have made enough that I don't feel it could be just an anomalie. And, they come in chrome for a decent price!

Randy_

Thanks, Bill.

For those that don't recognize the number, that is the "BUTTON CLICK PEN." It comes in upgrade 24k gold or chrome and has a nice double ring centerband. There have been a number of comments about this kit and apparently, it is a fairly reliable kit although, personally, I don't find it particularly appealing, esthetically. Funny, in a way, because the other click pen that has a good rep is the PSI Slimline-Pro Gel Writer Click Pen which I also find to be almost ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom